Carrier Interest Group Face-to-Face/prpl Mini-Summit – May 31-June 1 – Silicon Valley
The Carrier Interest Group Face-to-Face will be held on May 31 and June 1. Soraya Kasnavi of Qualcomm has graciously offered to host at the Qualcomm office in San Jose. In order to make the best use of prpl Member time and travel resources, we’re inviting other prpl groups to schedule meetings as well, making this a prpl Mini-Summit. If you would like other topics added, please let your group chairs know or bring them up on your group’s Basecamp or mailing list.
The CIG and its subcommittees, and other group chairs have suggested the following agenda items which may adjust a bit based upon how much progress is made before the meetings. The agenda topics are as follows:
9AM – Low-Level API Subgroup – Chairs: Felix Fietkau, Wouter Cloutens
- Review/finalize WLAN Recommendations
- Get feedback from chipset makers
- Review status of implementation
- Strategies for current non-standard extensions as well as avoiding them in the future
- Review and feedback by invited Linux-Wireless developers
- Discuss testing strategy (verification of compliance)
- Discuss common APIs for GPIO/LED/PBC
12:45PM – Lunch
2PM – TrustContinuum – Chairs: Majid Bemanian, Nick Cook
- Presentation of TrustContinuum API
- Presentation of TrustContinuum Demo
4PM – prplwrt – Security Subgroup discussion
9AM – Software Stack Independent API – Chairs: Bruce Horowitz, Sukru Senli, Wouter Cloutens
- Presentation from Pedro Santos, Vodafone
- Presentation from Wouter Cloutens, SoftAtHome
- Presentation from Sukru Senli, Inteno
- Presentation from Pasquale Bombino, ADB
- Resolve architecture of the solution. (Hopefully this will be a short discussion and will have been resolved prior to the F2F)
- Discuss and consider proposals for WiFi object model
- Discuss and evaluate security considerations
- Deciding next steps
12:45PM – Lunch & Live Demo of prpl Security Framework – Cesare Garlati
2PM – Carrier Interest Group – Chairs: Pasquale Bombino, Wojtek Makowski
Carrier Interest Group roundtable discussion on each party’s views and strategies in the following areas:
- Broadband : Vision and thoughts on future evolution and services in Broadband domain
- RDK : While from RDK-V (Video) part is a bit more clear the market and B2B proposition, from RDK-B (Broadband) perspective it seems there is not yet a common understanding, common proposition and strategy.
- Virtualization : More and more Operators are trying to “virtualize” as much as possible for cutting their operational costs. What your vision and strategy on this?
- 5G : 5G mobile may become the next Broadband Technology of choice wherever FTTH is not available. Of course it will be for the next 2-4 years products, btw active discussion on technology, proposition, bandwidth utilization, regulatory aspects is ongoing. What’s your vision and strategy on this?
- WiFi 802.11ad : This seems to be the next generation trend for devices/products.
- IoT : products and solutions for IoT (E2E including Cloud platforms) are exploding and the chipset vendors are investing money on it.
- Any other technologies or solutions?
Attending the Summit
- There is a parking structure behind the building you may use
- Please check-in at the main lobby reception desk at building D and get a name tag
- Walk over to building E beside the building D. there is no reception in building E.
- I will be meeting you at building E lobby
Since not everyone can participate in person, we will have a remote participation option using GotoMeeting. Please connect using the following information:
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (312) 757-3129
Access Code: 271-150-061
More phone numbers
Australia: +61 2 9087 3604
Austria: +43 7 2088 3962
Belgium: +32 28 93 7018
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9350
Denmark: +45 32 72 03 82
Finland: +358 942 45 0453
France: +33 184 880 733
Germany: +49 692 5736 7317
Ireland: +353 15 360 734
Italy: +39 0 247 92 13 01
Netherlands: +31 207 941 377
New Zealand: +64 9 280 6302
Norway: +47 21 93 37 51
Spain: +34 932 20 0596
Sweden: +46 853 527 827
Switzerland: +41 225 4599 78
United Kingdom: +44 330 221 0086
First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: https://care.citrixonline.com/g2m/getready
The following hotels have discounts if you mention Qualcomm when you are booking:
SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Jose Airport
10 Skyport Dr, San Jose, CA 95110 · 408-650-0590